- A federal judge in New York denied a motion to dismiss a proposed class action complaint which alleged that the producer of Nellie’s Free Range Eggs, Pete and Gerry’s Organics
- On March 17, Utah Governor Spencer J. Cox signed Senate Bill (SB) 147 into law, which requires that egg-laying hens be kept in cage-free systems by 2025. Senator Scott D.
- On April 27, a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit challenging California’s Proposition 12, which established new standards for confinement of certain farm animals and bans the sale of products that
- As our readers may know, in November 2018, California voters passed a ballot initiative known as Proposition 12, which establishes new standards for confinement of certain farm animals and
- After the mid-term election earlier this month, California made cage-free eggs a state law. With 62% of the votes, California voters overwhelmingly approved Proposition 12, also known as the
Massachusetts will vote on a ballot initiative that would ban certain means of confining farm animals in the state.
- Consumers are increasingly demanding ethically-minded foods such as “Cage Free” and
Massachusetts has proposed legislation restricting the sale of eggs to the “cage-free” variety. (subscription to Food Chemical News required)
- With consumers’ increasing appetite for more ethical food options, a