- On October 13, 2020, a plaintiff filed a proposed class action in the United States District Court Southern District of New York alleging that Froneri US, Inc.’s Haagen-Dazs ice cream
- On June 4, a California federal judge dismissed a putative class action complaint challenging Nestle USA, Inc.’s labels on its “Nestle Toll House’s Premier White Morsels.” Prescott, et al. v.
- On April 8, 2020, a California federal judge dismissed a putative class action complaint challenging Ghirardelli Chocolate Co.’s labels on its cocoa-free white baking chips. Cheslow, et al. v. Ghirardelli
- On December 9, 2019, the Seventh Circuit found that an Illinois federal district court properly tossed a proposed slack-fill class action against Fannie May, a Chicago-based chocolate maker. In
Continue Reading U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Finds that Plaintiffs Did Not Suffer a Concrete Harm When They Purchased Allegedly Underfilled Boxes of Chocolate (subscription to Law360 required)
- On November 22, 2019, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced that it had issued a temporary permit (TMP) to Barry Callebaut, a Swiss company in accordance with 21 CFR