- On September 27, agriculture industry groups, including the National Pork Producers Council (NPPC) and American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF), petitioned the U.S. Supreme Court to review the Ninth Circuit’s decision
- On August 5, 2021, Senate Republicans introduced the Exposing Agricultural Trade Suppression (EATS) Act, which aims to “prevent States and local jurisdictions from interfering with the production and distribution
- On April 27, a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit challenging California’s Proposition 12, which established new standards for confinement of certain farm animals and bans the sale of products that
GMA continues its fight in the GM labeling arena.
- The effective date for Vermont’s GM labeling law is July 1, 2016. Absent a federal legislative solution or a victory in
- As previously covered on this blog, the lawsuit brought by the Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) and other trade associations to challenge