- On April 29, 2021, the European Commission published a study considering the status of “new genomic techniques” (NGTs) under EU law. The study defined NGTs as techniques for altering genetic
- The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) released a scientific opinion in the EFSA Journal on January 13, 2021 evaluating the safety of dried yellow mealworm (Tenebrio molitor larva) and
- Effective January 1, 2021, a new US-UK equivalence agreement ensures that organic products certified to either USDA or UK standards may be labelled and sold as organic in both countries.
- As previously reported on this blog, on March 8, 2018, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) published a proposed determination that the European Union (EU) food safety control
- On January 7, 2020, a European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) report looked at tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) levels in 12 different categories of hemp foods, including hemp oil, breads and teas. EFSA
- On April 25, France adopted an executive order banning the placement of foods containing titanium dioxide on the market for one year beginning January 1, 2020. See our blog on
- As previously reported on this blog, the European Court of Justice ruled that all techniques that induce DNA mutagenesis result in products that can be regulated as genetically modified organisms.
- The European Court of Justice has ruled that all techniques that induce DNA mutagenesis result in products that can be regulated as genetically modified organisms. GMO regulation had previously been
- On May 14, 2018, two dozen U.S. senators urged the Trump administration to protect the use of common cheese names in the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA). Spearheaded by
- The 12th session of the Codex Alimentarius Committee on Contaminants (and Toxins) in foods (CCCF) was held in Utrecht (The Netherlands) from March 12-16, 2018. CCCF is the Codex Alimentarius
Continue Reading International Food Safety Leaders Adopt and Advance Food Safety Provisions Discussed at the 12th Session of the Codex Alimentarius Committee on Contaminants (and Toxins) in foods (CCCF)