- The FASTER Act, which went into effect on January 1st of this year, made sesame the 9th major food allergen, thereby triggering allergen labeling obligations for foods containing
FDA Announces Public Meeting on Good Manufacturing Practices for Cosmetic Products
- Today, FDA announced that it will be holding a virtual listening session on June 1, 2023 for interested parties to consult cosmetics manufacturers, including smaller businesses, contract manufacturers, consumer organizations,
Kerry Inc.’s Former Quality Assurance Director Pleads Guilty to 2018 Honey Smack Outbreak
- According to the Department of Justice’s October 21 press release, a former quality assurance director for food manufacturer Kerry Inc. plead guilty to three misdemeanor offenses related to the
Continue Reading Kerry Inc.’s Former Quality Assurance Director Pleads Guilty to 2018 Honey Smack Outbreak
Permanent Injunction against Supplement Co.
- On March 3, 2022, the United States Government, on behalf of FDA, filed a complaint against Salud Natural Entrepreneur, Inc. (“Salud”), as well as its owner, production manager, and quality
Continue Reading Permanent Injunction against Supplement Co.
FDA Launches Dashboard to Track FSMA Progress
- On September 30, 2019, FDA announced the establishment of the Food Safety Dashboard, which is designed to measure the progress of the seven foundational rules of the Food Safety Modernization
Continue Reading FDA Launches Dashboard to Track FSMA Progress
FDA Warns Bakery to Fix cGMP Violations and Remove the “Love”
- On September 22, 2017, following an inspection of the company’s manufacturing facility, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a warning letter to Nashoba Brook Bakery regarding significant current
Continue Reading FDA Warns Bakery to Fix cGMP Violations and Remove the “Love”
Ingredient GMPs Revisited
Organic & Natural Health Association files Citizen Petition to request application of dietary supplement GMPs to ingredient suppliers.
- As previously covered on this blog, the Organic & Natural Health Association
Trade association proposes application of dietary supplement GMPs to raw material suppliers.
- FDA’s current Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations in 21 CFR Part 111 apply to finished dietary supplements, but