- Last month, the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit affirmed a grant of summary judgment in favor Target and other defendants in a class action lawsuit
Conagra Slips Out of Parkay Spray False Ad Suit (subscription to Law360 required)
- The Nutrition Labeling and Education Act (NLEA) requires food intended for human consumption and offered for sale
- California Proposition 65 requires manufacturers to provide clear and reasonable warnings to consumers before exposing them to over 950 listed carcinogens, including acrylamide. As reported in this blog yesterday,
2nd Cir. Affirms Dismissal of Organic Baby Food Claims (subscription to Law360 required)
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ruled against plaintiffs in Marentette v. Abbott Laboratories,
- Under the California Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, companies can be challenged for including “nonfunctional slack fill” in product packaging.
- As recently covered on this blog, various counties in Hawaii and Oregon have enacted bans on the cultivation of genetically