- This past weekend California governor Gavin Newsom signed Assembly Bill (AB) 418 into law. This bill will prohibit the use of brominated vegetable oil, potassium bromate, propylparaben, and Red No.
- Yesterday the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed (Law360 subscription required) the dismissal of two consolidated appeals on preemption grounds. In both cases, Plaintiffs had argued that
- On May 11, 2023, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit affirmed the District Court’s grant of summary judgment in favor of Walmart and International Vitamin Corporation
- Under FDA’s regulations, at 21 CFR 184.1408, black licorice is generally recognized as safe (GRAS) for flavoring uses at specified maximum levels of glycyrrhizin content in food such as
- Last month, the United States Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit affirmed a grant of summary judgment in favor Target and other defendants in a class action lawsuit
Conagra Slips Out of Parkay Spray False Ad Suit (subscription to Law360 required)
- The Nutrition Labeling and Education Act (NLEA) requires food intended for human consumption and offered for sale
- California Proposition 65 requires manufacturers to provide clear and reasonable warnings to consumers before exposing them to over 950 listed carcinogens, including acrylamide. As reported in this blog yesterday,
2nd Cir. Affirms Dismissal of Organic Baby Food Claims (subscription to Law360 required)
- The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit ruled against plaintiffs in Marentette v. Abbott Laboratories,
- Under the California Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, companies can be challenged for including “nonfunctional slack fill” in product packaging.
- As recently covered on this blog, various counties in Hawaii and Oregon have enacted bans on the cultivation of genetically