- On August 16, a federal judge for the Northern District of Illinois granted Whole Foods Market’s (WFM) motion to dismiss a proposed class action lawsuit that alleged WFM violated consumer
- The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York has dismissed with prejudice a class-action lawsuit that alleged that Annie Inc’s Bunny Fruit Snacks – Tropical Treat (the
- On October 18, 2021 a New Jersey federal judge dismissed plaintiff Regan Iglesia’s proposed class action lawsuit against Tootsie Roll Industries (“Tootsie Roll”). The case was dismissed for lack of
- On May 3, 2021, plaintiffs voluntarily dismissed their July 28, 2016 slack-fill lawsuit against Barilla S.p.A. (“Barilla”). The suit had claimed the pasta company deceptively used the same size boxes
- On December 9, 2019, the Seventh Circuit found that an Illinois federal district court properly tossed a proposed slack-fill class action against Fannie May, a Chicago-based chocolate maker. In
Continue Reading U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit Finds that Plaintiffs Did Not Suffer a Concrete Harm When They Purchased Allegedly Underfilled Boxes of Chocolate (subscription to Law360 required)
- “Slack fill” cases are on the rise across the U.S. Slack fill is the empty space between products and their packaging. Companies can be challenged for including “nonfunctional slack fill”
- Under the California Fair Packaging and Labeling Act, companies can be challenged for including “nonfunctional slack fill” in product packaging.