- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is currently investigating Salmonella infections in at least six states that may be linked to raw cookie dough sold at Papa Murphy’s.
Hepatitis A Outbreak Linked to Frozen, Organic Strawberries
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are renewing public health warnings that address the continuing hepatitis A outbreak traced to
Canada Sets Import Conditions for US Romaine Lettuce
- The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) announced that it is temporarily imposing import restrictions on romaine lettuce grown in the U.S. CFIA specifies a number of ways to demonstrate that
Continue Reading Canada Sets Import Conditions for US Romaine Lettuce
NGO Publishes Report on Food Safety
- The United State Public Interest Research Group (PIRG) published “How Safe is Our Food? Recent trends and case studies, and what they mean for our health”, a review
Oversight on Outbreak
GAO report critical of USDA’s response to disease outbreaks
- USDA has the authority to implement response measures to animal disease outbreaks to limit economic, animal health, and food security consequences.
Family sues over caffeine-related death.
- On March 6, 2015, the family of Logan Stiner, an Ohio teenager who died from cardiac arrhythmia and cardiac arrest after consuming pure powdered