- The Access to Nutrition Initiative released their 2021 Breast-Milk Substitutes and Complementary Foods Marketing Index, updating industry on their assessment of major baby food companies’ compliance with the International
- Designed By Nature announced June 14, 2021 that it is recalling its Goat’s Milk Powder, Cow’s Milk Powder, and Base Milk Powder formulas with an expiration date between May 1,
- On February 10, 2021, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) sent a letter to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration urging it to take enforcement action against
- As previously covered on this blog, on September 9, 2016, FDA announced the availability of its first draft guidance for industry entitled, “Substantiation for Structure/Function Claims Made in
On the heels of recently released draft guidance concerning substantiation for infant formula structure/function claims, FDA has issued guidance regarding the labeling of infant formula.
- Infant formula is clearly receiving
FDA issues Draft Guidance Concerning Substantiation Needed to Support Structure/Function Claims Made in Infant Formula Labeling.
- In an increasingly competitive marketplace, infant formula manufacturers are incentivized to make product claims
- Cronobacter (formerly known as Enterobacter sakazakii) is a bacterium that occurs naturally in the environment and that can
- In 2014 — 17 years after the initial proposed rule was issued — FDA finalized its rulemaking related to the manufacture
- Carrageenan is a seaweed-derived ingredient used widely in the food industry to perform gelling, thickening, and stabilizing functions. Although
- In 2013, FDA proposed to amend the infant formula regulations at 21 C.F.R. 107.100 to add selenium to the list of