- Grated parmesan companies Kraft Heinz Co. and SuperValu Inc. have not been able to end multidistrict litigation that began in 2016, alleging food fraud for excess cellulose as an
- Arkansas recently joined the states that prohibit marketing a product as “meat” if it is not derived from livestock or poultry. Arkansas Governor Asa Hutchinson signed HB 1407, titled, “To
- As previously reported on this blog, there has been considerable discussion around the regulation of cell-cultured meat both at the federal and state levels. Earlier this month, USDA and
A look at some recent news that we are following:
- There has been a lot of action in state legislatures towards legalization of cannabis for medical use, recreational use, or
- Last week, we blogged about Nebraska Legislative Bill 14 (LB 14), which would have limited the use of the term “meat” to the edible portions of livestock or poultry carcasses.
- After years of delay, New York City’s ban on single use expanded polystyrene (EPS) will go into effect on January 1, 2019. EPS is defined in the rule as “blown